Backorders & customer service will be arranged upon fully reopening on 22nd August.
Bassoonist's Technique Doctor
This book aims to answer issues to do with technique on the bassoon such as fingering, breathing, embouchure & much more...
Here are some of the issues the book deals with?
1. I blow into the bassoon reed but there is always a delay before the note starts.
2. I've just started playing the bassoon and sometimes notes just don't come out or they are completely wrong.
3. I cannot get scales even, there often extra notes.
4. My fingers ache after I have been playing for a short while.
5. There is always a delay before my notes sound when I am playing in a group.
6. The F#, G and G# are insecure and "croak".
7. The A to middle C are unstable and seem to be two octaves together. They seem to "crack".
8. My tone is raucous and too loud, particularly when I have been playing for a while. My family says that I sound like a foghorn.
9. My tone is thin and weedy. My family say I sound like a mouse in a matchbox.
10. I get out of breath and out of time when playing staccato passages.
11. My E flat (3rd space bass clef) is horribly out of tune.
The author, Sandra Downing, is a research scientist, a semi-professional bassoonist, teacher and an expert bassoon reed maker. Her latest brilliant little pocket book covers basic playing techniques and the answers to many bassooning problems.